MOCA Jacksonville Teen Art Council serves to empower local high school students by creating programming for teens, by teens. Members of Teen Art Council will meet bi-weekly in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 to learn about the Museum, engage with different departments, such as Education, Curatorial, and Marketing, develop mission-driven projects, and plan a new annual event for teenagers. As Teen Art Council members create and implement programs, they will effectively increase the accessibility and inclusivity of the Museum. Members of the Teen Art Council will earn volunteer hours for their participation.
To apply for MOCA Teen Art Council, candidates must meet these requirements:
1. Be a 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grader during the 2021-2022 school year at any high school in Jacksonville.
2. Submit a completed application by September 3, 2021
3. Teens interested in art, music, culture, museums and all types of creative outlets are welcome. You do not need to be an artist in order to apply!
4. Have availability afterschool for Teen Art Council meetings twice a month from September 2021 through March 2022.
5. Occasional Saturdays and event days are required beyond regular meeting times.
6. MOCA Teen Art Council members are expected to follow the rules and guidelines of the program, participate in bi-weekly meetings and occasional events, complete group responsibilities such as art assignments, blog entries, audio/video content, and develop teen centered events for the museum.