A creative and fulfilling place to work
There are many opportunities to get involved with MOCA Jacksonville, whether it’s working at the Museum, participating in our internship program, or volunteering in a variety of areas.
MOCA lists all available positions on this website, but applications must be made through the University of North Florida job portal. Please check back for employment opportunities
in the future.
Job opportunities will remain posted until positions are filled. Candidates may be contacted for interviews, however, due to the high level of interest in positions, MOCA Jacksonville does not respond to all applicants. Calls and emails are not accepted
regarding the status of employment applications.
MOCA Jacksonville is a registered 501©(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. UNF is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution.
- Read the position description.
- Click on the link that follows the description. (Quicklink should take you directly to the listing)
From the main Job Portal Search (https://www.unfjobs.org/)
- Click on Search Postings.
- Under Department, choose MOCA.
- Click on Search.
- Click on the position you are seeking.
director of development
The Director of Development for the Museum Of Contemporary Art is responsible for all development activities.
- Leads all aspects of individual giving, from identifying, cultivating, and maintaining major donors to moving them appropriately towards solicitation and closure.
- Researches and connects with foundations, corporations, and government sources to expand base of support within and beyond region. Initiates and implements fundraising efforts for special projects.
- Writes solicitation proposals proposals.
- Prepares annual budget, revenue, and expenses, for department.
- Works effectively with community stakeholders and cultivates relationships and support for the arts through educational opportunities.
- Prepares and presents reports to Development Committee.
- Works with the MOCA staff to oversee special event fundraising opportunities, exploring new possibilities for event enhancement.
- Ensures that all Development Department efforts are in compliance with the Museum’s mission, policy, and procedures, and uphold AAM guidelines. During a declared emergency, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a
designated off-site location or place of residence.
ARt installer Seasonal
Under the direction of curatorial staff, responsible for assisting in the installation of exhibitions presented in the museum, ensuring that the vision of the artist and curator is fulfilled.
- Installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Preparation of artwork for exhibition and/or shipment/storage
- Installation of technology such as media players and monitors
- Safe and efficient crating, packing and transportation of artwork
- Efficiently and neatly painting gallery walls
- Maintenance of work spaces, tools and environment
- Working in a team environment with curatorial department
- On occasion need to work late evening and weekend hours
The Catering Bartender is part of the events and catering team at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville. This position ensures smooth and professional food and beverage service during events and catering with an emphasis on high standards in appearance, hospitality, and customer satisfaction. Pay is a flat rate fee per event, based on the scale and duration. Pay and tips are paid out on a regular bi-weekly payroll schedule.
Bartender Specific Duties:
- Mix drinks using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits, including standard and unique drinks.
- Keep bar area clean, safe, and organized
- Providing great customer service while maintaining control of the bar, serving drinks, and managing the financials.
- Mix all drinks based on the standard serving sizes, keeping drink costs at a minimum.
- Collect payment for drinks served and providing change as needed; Balance cash receipts; Maintain an accurate drawer throughout the event.
- Ability to think quickly, exercise good judgement and monitor patrons for overconsumption is essential.
- Previous experience with cash handling, ability to cash-out the cash drawer, making sure it balances with the POS system and note any discrepancies.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Keep a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories.
- Slice, pit, and prepare fruit garnishes for drinks
- Complete alcohol inventories and communicate any resupply requests to the Events and Catering Coordinator.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online
and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records.