A creative and fulfilling place to work
There are many opportunities to get involved with MOCA Jacksonville, whether it’s working at the Museum, participating in our internship program, or volunteering in a variety of areas.
MOCA lists all available positions on this website, but applications must be made through the University of North Florida job portal. Please check back for employment opportunities
in the future.
Job opportunities will remain posted until positions are filled. Candidates may be contacted for interviews, however, due to the high level of interest in positions, MOCA Jacksonville does not respond to all applicants. Calls and emails are not accepted
regarding the status of employment applications.
MOCA Jacksonville is a registered 501©(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. UNF is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution.
- Read the position description.
- Click on the link that follows the description. (Quicklink should take you directly to the listing)
From the main Job Portal Search (https://www.unfjobs.org/)
- Click on Search Postings.
- Under Department, choose MOCA.
- Click on Search.
- Click on the position you are seeking.
Coordinator Events Planning
Responsible for all MOCA events and catered functions from origination to execution, including delegation of responsibilities. Responsible for planning, organizing, and communicating event details with clients. Works on a consistent basis with communications and marketing staff to generate new business and maintains contact with clients. Responsible for resolving issues and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction. Responsible for planning rental of tables, video/audio equipment, and linens.
- Develop, execute, and maintain effective sales and marketing strategy to generate leads and secure events and catering business.
- Negotiate and book new and repeat business through outside sales calls, mailings, work with in house marketing team to develop and implement other activities designed to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Plan, organize, and communicate event details with customers; resolve issues and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Complete contracts, event sheets, floorplans, vendor contracts, journal transfers, bar service maintenance other necessary internal and external paperwork and manage client portfolios for successful event execution.
- Coordinate menu tastings, presentations, and other events to promote the MOCA brand and quality.
- Achieve budgeted catering revenue goals; participate in the ongoing forecasting process, develop and propose alternative revenue strategies which faced with business changes.
- Assess and design revenue goals & opportunities for upcoming fiscal year budget.
- Provide Communications and Marketing department with quarterly report data for events and catering.
- Schedule personnel and supervises event and catering staff as necessary.
- Work with HR to review catering staff job descriptions, pay structures and provide necessary information for bi-weekly payroll including invoices, schedules, etc.
- Serve as liaison between clients and caterers for menu tasting, menu planning and/or menu customizing.
- Act as primary point person at MOCA events and catering functions, facilitate successful event execution.
- Responsible for maintaining events and catering supplies and inventory and annually assessing needs for repair or replacement of equipment during budget season.
As a member of the Security Department, the Security Guard is responsible for ensuring the safety of employees, visitors and the protection of MOCA Jacksonville property and art work.
- Secure various posts on a rotational basis
including galleries, access ramps, elevators, and other areas as assigned.
- Inspect bags of visitors entering the museum and staff leaving the museum when necessary.
- Inform visitors and staff of museum policies and enforce them appropriately.
Monitor and maintain the flow of visitors in all galleries.
- Report to a Chief of Security and assist with documenting any incident related to visitors, staff, or art work.
- Identify safety hazards, suspicious behavior and potential problems
and report to the Chief of Security and Deputy Director.
- Assist with emergency evacuations.
- Provide security at special events.
- Perform fireguard duties as qualified.
- Is responsible for ensuring the safety of the works of art
by patrolling galleries to ensure that visitors are not touching works of art.
- Performs opening and closing procedures including; locking all doors, checking all floors to ensure that no one is in the building, and alarming/disarming the alarm.
Handles some front desk duties prior to the opening of the museum including monitoring front door, assisting guests, answering telephone, and monitoring the delivery of works of art into the museum.
Community and Public Program Coordinator
The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville (MOCA) is looking for a Community and Public Program Coordinator to build mutually beneficial relationships with Jacksonville organizations through art. Interprets the Museum’s collection and featured exhibitions
through a variety of means geared to the needs and interests of diverse audiences including gallery and studio programs, free days and evenings, and other special events, resulting in increased participation among targeted populations. This position
effectively plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates the Community programs and ensures program quality. The Community and Public Program Coordinator assists in funding for program initiatives and provides stewardship in maintaining positive relationships
with funders.Apply Now
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the day to day operations of various Community an Public focused programs and services.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of
departmental processes and/or programs.
- Represents MOCA at internal and external community events, including film screenings, concerts, lectures, drop-in art classes, and others.
- Serves as an Educator for school and group tours, Voice
of the People, and Meet Me @ MOCA.
- Identifies and communicates any program associated volunteer needs to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Prepares written material and packaging of other educational materials for programs.
- Assist in the
preparation & delivery of workshops and training programs.
- Seeks out new revenue streams for the Education Department.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Department to create community awareness and appreciation of the organization.
Prepares, monitors, manages, and evaluates the project budgets.
- Accountable for sound fiscal budget management in line with annual budget expectations.
- Responsible for arranging artist and special guest travel relating to programs.
Administrative Paperwork: contracts, purchase orders, order supplies etc.
- Attends and assist with museum events as needed.
Must currently be an enrolled UNF Student from any academic department
MOCA Ambassadors act as first point of contact for visitors to the museum at the guest relations desk and continued engagement throughout the facility. The MOCA Ambassadors play
a key role in animating the museum’s mission which is to “promote the discovery, knowledge, and advancement of the art, artists, and ideas of our time”. MOCA Ambassadors act as docents and lead meaningful conversation in gallery discussions and push
visitors to experience art from a range of perspectives. The Ambassadors are responsible for supervising the galleries and engaging guests with additional information about current exhibitions and museum collections. MOCA Ambassadors at the guest
relations desk are responsible for welcoming guests, handling admission and membership sales transactions, special event staffing, and managing general customer service needs. The program is open to all graduate and undergraduate students from any
academic department but it is necessary that candidates have a passion for museums, art history, and contemporary art.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online
and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records.